6 tips for great workplace health
- Taking strides to improve your workplace health and well-being will dramatically enhance your quality of life. In return for implementing a few changes in your lifestyle, you can reap the benefits of better health and well-being no matter what your age.
- Meditate: Regular meditation benefits health and wellbeing, which many people underestimate. Sharpened concentration, controlled levels of stress, better sleep, and heightened mental focus are just a few of the benefits of regular meditation the good news is meditation is not as difficult as it may seem. Guided meditation CD´s and instant downloads enables you to experience the many health benefits of meditation immediately.
- Lose Weight: Your health is compromised when you are overweight or obese. Being overweight can lead to diseases like heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer. And according to the World Health Organization, almost 3 million people die each year as a result of being overweight.
- Sunlight: Sunlight promotes health and well-being, so make sure that you receive at least 30 minutes of sunlight per day. Lack of sunlight can lead to the blahs, depression, seasonal affective disorder and Vitamin D deficiency. Consider investing in a lightbox if you reside in an area that prevents you from getting a daily dose of sunlight.
- Sleep: Lack of sleep can cause irritability, inability to concentrate, headaches, accidents and even death, which is why getting enough sleep, is critical to your health and well-being. Men need to sleep 7 hours per night on average, while women need to sleep an average of 8 hours. Young children and teenagers need far more.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is vital to your health and well-being. Make sure to choose an exercise program that you will enjoy. Aerobics, Pilates, yoga, and joining a health club are a few options adding a daily 20-minute walk, for example, is a great form of exercise especially when combined with interval training, in which you walk briskly for periods of time during your walking routine.
Here are a few examples of exercises that we can do in our work environment every day:
Walking meetings is an effective tool for conflict resolution. What I like about a walking meeting is there are no “bosses” or “chairman”. Each person is walking side by side and the equal ground is naturally provided. Most people become sleepy after lunch. If you have an afternoon meeting scheduled when people are sleepy and tired, I can guarantee you that someone will begin to snore. Consider, if weather permits, taking an afternoon meeting for a walk. Walking is a great way to activate creative thoughts and energy.
Small businesses and large corporations are striving to survive and people are so stressed out. They get tired of sitting around the conference room or a desk. This is why good workplace health is so important.
Remember, just because you think walking meetings are the greatest, there will be people who hate them. If you are with a group of people that one by one they do not show up for your meetings, replace them. You want creative and high energy people to surround you in reaching your success goals.
A standing desk is a desk that is built for use while standing. That means, if you have one of these desks at work, you would be standing throughout the day as you use your desk.
Now you may groan at the thought of standing all day, but just by using this sort of desk you can help keep yourself healthy.
Research has shown that it is possible that just exercising for a while every day to counteract the negative effects of sitting too much (which include obesity, sleep apnea, heart disease, pulmonary embolisms, and so on) may not be enough. Instead, standing and walking throughout the day is a much better approach to exercise. This is one of the wonderful ways a standing desk can help you since you will be forced to be on your feet. More interaction at work can reduce stress and help you feel calmer, which is beneficial to your health.
Do note though that if you are used to sitting at your desk while additionally also being a couch potato at home, you will need some time to get used to a standing desk. As long as you ease into using the desk (such as by spending two hours standing, half an hour sitting, and then standing again, and repeating this process throughout the workday), you will be on your way to a healthier and stronger body.
Don’t give up if you find it tough initially; you will not be the first sedentary person to feel that way. With some willpower and effort, you will learn to adjust to your new workstation and you may even find that you love it!
To be healthy we know we should eat healthily and we are aware there are a number of benefits to eating healthy. Nonetheless, most of us really struggle to say no to the sweet, fatty, salty, processed tasty foods on offer. Far too many of these foods make up a considerable part of our diet. When this is coupled with the fact that we are less active now than in previous years, it is easy to see why we are facing serious health issues in western nations.
The exciting benefits of eating healthy are 1) weight loss, 2) less disease and illness, 3) clearer skin. Eating healthy foods can result in weight loss and weight management. Trading the sweet, fatty, salty and overly processed foods for healthier more natural food has this great perk. Contrary to what many people think you are likely to eat more as your body burns up your food more quickly. Plus, a number of healthy foods speed up your metabolism.
Another reason to put the lovely slice of cake down and grab a juicy apple is healthier eating lessens disease and illness. Your body has the nutrients and vitamins it needs to effectively fight colds, flu, and other viruses. It can reduce the likelihood of diseases like diabetes, particularly type 2 which is linked to being overweight. You can lower the risk of high blood pressure, stroke, some cancers and heart disease. These are leading causes of death in many advanced nations and changes to what we eat could help to alter that.
Lastly, a fantastic reason to exchange the excessive and binge alcohol drinking or sugary fizzy drink with water is a healthy diet can help us to be more beautiful. Toxins are flushed out, nutrients provided and digestion aided when our diet become healthier. Skin reflects this becoming clearer, smoother, brighter, and less spot and blemish prone. I don’t know about you but I’m reaching for the water already.
Thanks for reading our article about workplace health, we know it’s super important to get this right for your benefit!